Thursday 18 August 2011

Domination, Confidence and Trust

I have a theory about the relationship between confidence and trust.

Dominant people will always want to come across as confident. But there are plenty of dominant people that I would not trust. I have followed a lot of dominant women online in blogs, on boards as well as their own websites, if you look through reviews and feedback on forums and independent sites you quickly get a good feeling who you should not trust. I have tried to find common ground of people that seem to be trustworthy, but that can be a challenge at times.

My most reliable measure is confidence. Confidence is important for any dominant. Some dominants will present a different persona to their professional presentation than what they are in reality. I find that usually if that persona is self critical and allows the reader to find possible flaws, reflects over its own image in public, then there is some ground for being trustworthy. 

One excellent blog post that reflects such an image was posted by Lady Anna today. I am well impressed with the detail and consideration. However I do not think that it is fair to the professional dominants out there to only capture this end of the spectrum. Each relationship, even a non-D/s one has plenty of scope for abuse, and even from the submissive as both partners enter the relationship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment