Tuesday 16 August 2011

Tammad Rimilia

I wanted to post about something entirely different today, but then clicking a few links to research, I came across a website that contained some content by Tammad Rimilia. I remember that back in my first few years of being online I kept reading Tammad's notes on his chastity lifestyle. 

When Tammad died in 2000, I was really devastated and whilst we obviously never met, the fact that his 'blog' - (I am unsure if that term had even been coined back then) made me experience some sort of grief. Realizing that it has been more than 10 years since then, I just feel amazed how deep and long the feelings of submission and the interest in this lifestyle has been with me. It feels horrible that his legacy of a website about chastity does not live either on the web anymore, there are a few stories, obituaries and a BDSM checklist still in his name.  

1 comment:

  1. I recently had the opportunity to explore some basic rope ties with a partner, and was hoping Tammad's content was still around - to pass along.

    Regrettably (k)not. His cheesy (*grin*) sense of humor would probably have enjoyed that one.

    Impressive just how many articles and references exist at other locations (e.g.: http://www.japaneseropeart.com/RopeArt/Obon/Tammad/Tammad.html) ascribing his efforts as fundamental to the western practice of Japanese Rope techniques.

    I recall being stunned that such a generous teacher was lost, at the time.

    Nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete