Thursday 21 July 2011

Sharing the Bed(room)

I have previously written about how I feel with regards to sharing the bed. I do not expect it, but I want to be close. I have sometimes slept in the living room (voluntarily) and not because we had fallen out but because I was wide awake too long and kept moving which woke her up several times.

My dream is to establish a 'lower' bed, with a less soft mattress and less nice sheets. A place to feel close to her but not to infringe on her space. I am not opposed to the idea of being asked to sleep elsewhere (luckily we do not have a cellar) but I would like a default option that is showing my respect as well as a sexual distance.

Sleeping in her bed should be by invitation only and only for as long as she benefits. So for example I should be the one who remains awake after a hug and as soon as she is asleep, I shall move to my bed.

She has complained many times about me moving about at night. As we are moving more and more stuff together preparing for our final union in October, I will take a gym mattress with me this weekend and ask her for permission to sleep at her feet. I am hoping I will spend most of the night awake, like I did the first time we met. I am hoping she will approve and maybe even be proud that I feel it is appropriate to do this for her. I hope she will grow to the idea in a way the she asks for this to be the default.

Hoping that there is someone interested, I will try to keep this blog up to date this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment