Saturday 30 July 2011

Wrapping up a day on my own

I am rarely at home on my own in our joint flat. Usually I am here for complete weekend if my partner is on holiday. Usually if she is on holiday, she will return at a point in time when I am not here. I try to leave the flat in a great condition but - as there is a cat and a cat minder for a few days between my weekend departure and her arrival. I cannot be taken responsible for most imperfections of the cleaning.

Today for actually the first time she will return with me clearly responsible for anything not up to her pristine cleaning. More so, she has come back from a girls' day at the spa so should not stress - which she easily does if anything is not tidy. So I have a true responsibility to make sure all is fine. I have done so for the last two hours. and now I really write this because I do not dare going anywhere else in the flat and starting to mess it up again.

I hope she will be fine and can continue relaxing. If there is anything, I hope I can help keep her in a relaxed mood and make sure she will request me to resolve it while she enjoys herself. I so wish she would learn to just ask me to redo anything I have not done to her satisfaction.

I can really no understand what keeps her from insisting I redo things if they are not done to her liking. She can be so wonderfully dismissive of me if I ask something she does not feel like doing, so humiliating when it comes to describing decisions I make that she disapproves of. But for some reasons, she has just not the patience to let me try again. I wish she had.

No comments:

Post a Comment