Monday 25 July 2011

Slap!

There is one thing that happened yesterday that has ignited a little smouldering fire that only now very slowly settles in my emotions to a somewhat more prominent role.

In out 7 year relationship my partner has slapped me yesterday for the first time. Now I should just ignore this, it was not a serious slap more meant as a joke, but to me it was a milestone. My partner is very physical in the relationship. She does not hesitate a full on body contact fight to kick me out of bed if she wants breakfast and I am a lazy ass tired person in the morning. But she has never ever slapped me.

Yesterday, I had made some comment (I cannot even remember what about) and she disliked it. She asked me to come to her looked at me and slapped me.

Certainly in its own right this is not a huge change. But to me there is something that has changed. She did not discuss, she acted. There was a new confidence that I would accept what she said without arguing or protest.

I knelt down in front of her and said "I'm sorry". 

1 comment:

  1. IMHO a face slap is a milestone. Really a big thing. Takes a lot of courage from the woman to do it. I have not yet done it. Think it is very hot though.

    ReplyDelete